Monday, March 19, 2007

Ocean of Chaos
By Joshua Robbins

As we have watched the market go up and down this week, many of us have realized that perhaps the pulse of the market has changed. Many have said that it is going to slow down, but I ponder just what areas will go down. If you think about, if consumer sentiment is low, well hell, they still have to use electricity and gas to drive to work. I know that this seems really obvious, that is why it baffles me as to why so many people refuse to look at it. But hey, that is them, not me. We have all grown accustomed to a particular rhythm that certain sectors provide (marketing and paper) and I had too. I mean, everything you picked seemed to go up. Well, except for some of those small cap flash in the pans. But if you are getting that jittery finger before you execute your trade on your platform, well I feel the same way. Perhaps it is the “shell shock” or the fear of an unstable economy that rattles the very foundation of the Blue Collar Trader.

Throughout the day I find myself, much like all other traders, frantically watching the blue chips of the S & P go up and down randomly. It is the randomization that is really not random at all and if you hold enough shares, you will eventually pull ahead. I catch myself wanting to follow the other traders into certain death and I suppose that is my narcissistic nature as a consumer that has become completely soaked by the ocean of chaos that popular culture provided. But when I flip the screen off, take a deep breath, not even trade for the day, I find that same balance and logic that is embraced in the rules of the Blue Collar Trader (located at www.BlueCollarInvestment.com).

I am focusing this week and the upcoming weeks on the energy sector. I am focusing on this because this is the only sector this is worthy at the moment. I mean we recommend (TSO) and that is up 38% as well as (VLO) and (HAWK) as we realize that these have pulled strongly into the green and are going nowhere but up.

Why Oil, the pupil asks the Blue Collar Trader? Well, it is something that is needed regardless. Oil, Gas, Natural Gas, I mean the list could on. So if you want to know what to pick and how to pick it, join up. If you are a member, check out the attachment at the bottom of this email.

If you have any question be sure to email myself josh@bluecollarinvestment.com or Carlos (The Brain) (carlos@bluecollarinvestment.com).

No comments: